Thursday, February 14, 2013

Prostitution Legal Today



WASHINGTON, D.C.—For centuries now, February 14th has been the one day of the year when young lovers can steal much more than a kiss without fear of being handcuffed by someone they have no interest in starting a relationship with. Namely, a member of D.C.'s vice squad.

"I love Valentine's Day!" exclaimed a twenty-ish man who would only identify himself as T-Love. "I find a chick around New Year's Eve, maybe mid-January, then start buttering her up. You know, a movie here, a two-for-one coupon at Red Lobster there. But when Valentine's rolls around I break out the big guns. I'm talking flowers, chocolates. The whole nine."

"Then guess what?" Mr. Love asked, presumably rhetorically, while thrusting his hips back and forth. "She's pretty much obligated to."

Recently married couple Bob and Janet Rudolph had a slightly more romantic take on the Hallmark holiday.

"Every day is Valentine's Day for us!" gushed Janet, as Bob busied himself with his smartphone. "My baby-baby still writes me little love notes and puts them in my purse every morning! How sweet is that? Tonight we're dining at L'Enfant, then Bobby says he has a big surprise for me!"

When Janet paused to stoop down and pet a "so, so, sooo cute" Pomeranian strolling by with its owner, Bob elaborated on their plans for the night.

"The notes stopped working months ago," he whispered. "So I went out and dropped two grand on some diamond heart crap thing she wanted. To put it in PG-13 terms, she better thank me orally. And I ain't talking about words."

"I mean, she's pretty much obligated to, right?"