Monday, February 18, 2013

Obama Balances Budget At 19th Hole



SOUTH BEACH, FL—Following a spirited round of golf with Tiger Woods at the Floridian, a prestigious golf and yacht club on the state's Treasure Coast, President Barack Obama accomplished a feat unseen since he took office over four years ago; he presented Americans with a budget, then proceeded to balance it.

"Let me be clear," the president said to Woods, Houston Astros and Floridian owner Jim Crane, and former Dallas mayor Ron Kirk as they approached the bar beyond the 18th green. "Michelle only gave me $100 to spend on drinks and appetizers, so let's take it easy, okay guys?"

Mr. Woods didn't start things off easily for Mr. Obama, immediately requesting double shots of PatrĂ³n all around. Mr. Crane added to Obama's discomfort by ordering steak fajitas and twenty sushi rolls.

"I would've been fine with just a salad," Mr. Obama said later. "But Jim's always pushing the envelope."

By the time their check arrived, President Obama was visibly nervous. But, being the brave leader he is, he picked it up and turned it over.

"Not as bad as I thought it was going to be," Mr. Obama said, smiling, to Woods and the others. "I had the Cosmo and the two Appletinis, plus a little bit of the fajitas and sushi. With tip, Michelle's $100 more than covers it. Tiger had just the three Coors Lights and the waitress' phone number. Jim and Kirk already have their cash out, so it looks like we're all paying our fair share. Thank you, gentlemen."

When asked how the golf itself went, President Obama replied, "I had my best game ever. I shot an 82.5."

When asked how that was possible, the president elaborated.

"Tiger shot a 67, Jim got a 75, Ron had a 78, and I shot a 110. Once all the scores were fairly redistributed, I ended up with a very respectable 82.5. Guess all those $1,000 an hour lessons paid off, right?"