Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hagel Converts to Judaism



WASHINGTON, D.C.—In a stunning move orchestrated to reinvent himself as a strong supporter of Israel, Secretary of Defense nominee Chuck Hagel (R-NE) today shunned his lifelong Episcopalian faith and converted to Judaism.

"It was easier than you might think," Hagel said in the hallway outside Vice President Joe Biden's office. "I saw this movie once where a guy had to put on a costume and read a bunch of Hebrew stuff from a scroll, then get some type of Jew baptism or something. But it turns out there's all different kinds of Jews, and they all have different ways of converting into their church, or whatever it is we call it.

"Anyway, I just went with the most laid back kind of Jews, and it turns out I didn't have to do nothing. Not even sign any papers or put my hand on a Bible and say, 'I solemnly swear I'm a Jew.' Basically, I asked if I could be a Jew and the Rabbi or whatever was like 'Bam! I now pronounce you man and Jew'."

When asked if his new faith would clash with that of his wife, Hagel replied, "I said I went with the easy Jews, remember? I don't have to cut a hole in a sheet or anything to bang my wife. Plus I'm already circumcised. See?"

Vice President Biden emerged from his office, waved to the press, then feigned hitting Hagel in the nuts. "We're going to Hooters, asswipe," Mr. Biden informed his longtime colleague. "You ready for burgers and tits?"

"You know it!" Hagel replied. "Cheeseburgers and beers all damn night!"

"Wait a minute," Hagel said as the pair headed for the exit. "Am I still allowed to eat cheeseburgers?"