Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Obama Applies to Mexican Medical School



WASHINGTON, D.C.—Claiming that he's "doing his part" to alleviate concerns over doctor shortages in California and other states as his Affordable Care Act begins to take effect, President Barack Obama announced today that he has filed an application to attend one of Mexico's finest medical schools.

"Let me be claro," the president said, addressing press from both the U.S. and Mexico. "I have applied at Universidad de Guadalupe with the goal of earning a doctoral degree that will empower me to perform everything from a simple flu diagnosis to a quadruple heart bypass. Although my application hasn't been officially approved by the school, I'm confident it's a mere formality, and that I'll be accepted."

When asked why he wasn't attending a medical school in the States, Mr. Obama cited a convoluted paperwork mix-up involving his social security card, birth certificate, law license, and college records.

"Rather than bother with the rigmarole and red tape that accompanies the American college application process," President Obama said, flashing his winning smile, "I thought it would be best for the country if I cut right to the chase and started earning my M.D. south of the border."

While the assembled reporters looked on, President Obama received a phone call from Universidad de Guadalupe's dean of admissions. After a few moments of chit-chat, Obama announced he'd been accepted, and the press corps gave him a long standing ovation.

As of press time, The Midwest Ledger can confirm that President Obama has been detained and jailed just across the Mexican border for violating dozens of the country's strict anti-immigration laws.