Saturday, February 9, 2013

Obama to Determine Life, Death of Terror Suspects With Coin Flip



WASHINGTON, D.C.—In response to the somewhat negative reaction he received after granting himself the power to kill American citizens whenever he damn well pleases, President Barack Obama today reversed course and announced such decisions would now be determined by the flip of a coin.

"Let me be clear," the president said. "I'm fully aware that the use of enhanced methods of interrogation such as waterboarding, as well as the use of armed drones, is controversial. As you know, I'm opposed to waterboarding. As you also know, I'll drone the shit out of a terrorist on the other side of the world like it's nothing, American citizenship be damned.

"Some may call me a hypocrite," the president continued. "And believe it or not, I do see a bit of hypocrisy in my stance. Therefore, beginning immediately, and to put this issue to rest, I will decide the fate of any person in the crosshairs of one of our drones by using this coin."

President Obama then held up a dull, gray disc made of an undetermined material.

"This coin was made from the ashes of Osama bin Laden," the president said. "I know I told you we dropped him in the ocean, but I tell you a lot of things. The 'heads' side of the coin depicts a portrait of me, while the 'tails' side depicts a different portrait of me. Whenever I receive word from our military, the CIA, or the Department of Homeland Security that a drone has locked on an enemy combatant, I will flip the coin."

"If it comes up heads, the person of interest is dead," Obama explained. "If it comes up tails, the person of interest is even deader."

"And now, I'll direct any questions regarding the constitutionality of my new power to the gentleman on my left," Obama said, gesturing to a muscle-bound man wearing an executioner's hood.