Friday, February 15, 2013

Obama Nominates Raving Homeless Man for Labor Secretary



WASHINGTON, D.C.—In a move that surprised few in the wake of his nominations of John Kerry for Secretary of State and Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary, President Barack Obama today nominated a severely mentally ill homeless man for the vacant Labor Secretary position.

"Let me be clear," the president said, his hand on the shoulder of a shabbily-dressed, disoriented, heavily-bearded man of indeterminable age or race. "Although I know next to nothing about this man, not even his name, I was moved by his passion as he screamed profanities and threw his own feces at my passing motorcade. I simply had to stop and learn more about this unique individual."

During their ten-minute conversation, Mr. Obama discovered that he and the man the press has affectionately dubbed Mr. Wendal see the world in very similar ways. Both believe in equal work for equal pay, the right of labor unions to organize and strike, and setting a limit on the annual bonus corporate executives can receive.

Also, both have eaten dog meat.

"I am proud to introduce Mr. Wendal as my nominee for Labor Secretary," the president said. "Now, a word or two from the man himself."

"Frozen waffles hate you!" Mr. Wendal insisted as the press corps greeted him with polite applause. "Who made the moo-cow? Light bulbs, that's who! Every single freakin' day the snow plow calls me Jesus! Balls, balls, BALLS!"

At press time, there was rampant speculation that Mr. Wendal would replace Joe Biden as Vice President.