Sunday, January 27, 2013

JaMarcus Russell Attempting Comeback At Taco Bell



LAFAYETTE, LA—Former college football standout and NFL number one pick JaMarcus Russell recently announced his intention to return to Taco Bell, the company he latched on with after his days in Raider silver and black ended.

"It won't be easy," the former quarterback admitted as he walked on a treadmill in his home gym.

"First off, I'll have to find a franchise willing to give me another chance. As you probably know, things didn't end too well the last time me and 'The Bell' parted ways."

Russell seemed destined for stardom when he joined the Taco Bell crew at the intersection of 38th Street and Central Avenue in Oakland. He advanced from cleanup duty to burrito-wrapper to cashier in fewer than three weeks, a franchise record. A shot at a coveted Assistant Manager position seemed guaranteed.

Unfortunately, Russell's old demons came back to haunt him.

"Truth be told," Russell said, wiping his brow, "I ate myself out of Taco Bell. I had the misfortune of joining the organization as it was making the transition from regular cheddar cheese to 'melty' cheese. Cheddar I could deal with, but melty? A man's only got so much willpower."

Russell languished with the organization for another three months, during which he gained forty pounds. His average transaction time went from a crew-best 37 seconds to an excruciatingly slow two minutes and eight seconds. With little fanfare, the franchise cut him soon afterward.

"So many people say I can't do it, that I can't come back," Russell said, biting into a Taco Bell XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito, "but mmph purffle ur frong."