Monday, August 12, 2013

God to Hit Reset Button on Humanity



HEAVEN—Citing over 100,000 years of disappointment in His most noteworthy creation, God today announced that He will soon be wiping out humanity and starting over from scratch.

"I'm calling it Man 2.0," God told reporters gathered in Heaven's press room, located just inside the Pearly Gates. "That sounds pretty technical and edgy, and most of you guys these days seem to like that stuff. But wait. Is 'Man 2.0' considered sexist? Jesus, you people change your minds about silly [expletive] like that so often I can't keep track."

The Creator, who appeared to be inebriated, took a long swig from a modest bronze goblet before going on.

"I had high hopes for you, I really did. You caught on to that hunting-and-gathering business like you were made for it. Fire and the wheel? Amazing. And when you figured out agriculture and farming? I'm not even gonna lie. I was so proud of you, I cried."

The Alpha and Omega took a moment to compose Himself before producing an iPad from the depths of His robes and sharing a slideshow of His favorite accomplishments with the press.

"Here're some humans building houses and schools and roads and aqueducts and bridges back in the day," God said, swiping through a series of photos depicting Assyrians, Egyptians, and Romans at the height of their advancement. "You were so young, so promising, but you let it all go down the toilet. Which was another great invention, by the way."

YHWH then downed the rest of his drink and unleashed a belch that sounded not unlike thunder before continuing.

"Slavery," He said. "War. Torture. Rape. Murder. The fact that none of you have the slightest idea what to do when you arrive at a [expletive] four-way stop. Justin Bieber. Liberals. The Miami Heat. Casey Anthony. Anthony Weiner. These are just a few of the reasons why I'm going to clear the slate and have another go at this whole Creation thing. I was a little cocky when I was younger, and thought I knew everything about making a species in my own image. I obviously didn't. So, in a way, it's like we're all starting over together."

The Father added that His date for the destruction of the world wasn't yet set in stone.

"I'm thinking sometime around November first. Baseball will be over, it's about to get cold, and I've always seen Christmas as a commercially-fueled insult to everything I believe in. So, yeah. I wouldn't make any concrete plans beyond Halloween if I were you."