Saturday, June 15, 2013

Milwaukee Sausage Racers Suspended Indefinitely



MILWAUKEE, WI—In a stunning event that comes on the heels of the Biogenesis scandal rocking Major League Baseball, the Milwaukee Brewers today announced that the participants of their popular mascot "Sausage Race" have been suspended indefinitely following allegations that all five racers tested positive for porcine growth hormone.

"It's certainly disappointing," said fan favorite Hot Dog. "You'd think they'd give us a chance to explain ourselves before just pulling the plug like that."

"I'm no dummy," added Polish Sausage, an edge to his voice. "I'm getting a lawyer and I'm fighting this."

Italian Sausage, however, seemed resigned to the fact that he wouldn't set foot in Miller Park for the rest of the year. "It'sa losta cause. You might as well slice-a me up and put-a me on your pizza pie."

"Bull-sheisse," said a clearly inebriated Bratwurst. "Vee must vait dem out! Dey vill crumble like the valls of Varsaw wery soon!"

Removing himself from the fray, one sausage racer stood his ground admirably.

"I had nothing to do with this," Chorizo said through an interpreter. "My fellow sausages and I are merely the victims of an insidious witch hunt. Though lax laws make performance-enhancing drugs readily available south of the border, I assure you I am innocent. I will surely be exonerated."

At press time, Ryan Braun was seen packing a suitcase before boarding a flight to Belize.