Saturday, November 9, 2013

Joseph Hazelwood Named Obamacare Navigator of the Month



WASHINGTON, D.C.—In a lavish ceremony at Georgetown University this afternoon, former Exxon Valdez captain Joseph Hazelwood was named Obamacare Navigator of the Month for October 2013.

"Let me be clear," President Barack Obama said in a prerecorded video played for those attending the festivities. "I can't think of a better person to represent the initial rollout of the healthcare plan that bears my name than Joseph Hazelwood. Congratulations, sir."

Mr. Hazelwood is best known for drunkenly piloting the ill-fated Exxon Valdez supertanker, which ran aground in Prince William Sound, Alaska in 1989 and spilled millions of gallons of oil, killing countless innocent living creatures and poisoning the water and land for miles around.

"First of all," a clearly inebriated Mr. Hazelwood said as he accepted his award, "I want to thank President Obama for the opportunity he gave me. At first, I was a little pissed to be demoted from captain to navigator. But then I considered the fact that nobody else has trusted me to scrape barnacles off rowboats, let alone navigate anything, for the past 24 years. And I won't let you down Mr. President," Mr. Hazelwood said, holding his brandy snifter high in the air. "It'll be nothing but smooth sailing ahead."

Mr. Hazelwood then vomited into the orchestra pit before falling off the stage and shattering his pelvis. Unfortunately, he has been unable to log onto the Obamacare website, and will be forced to pay for medical treatment out of his own pocket.